- Appearance: Often we have accounts of UFO occupants appearing similar to the descriptions given by people encountering fairies. We could perhaps ask does the term “little green men” refer to aliens or leprechauns. Similarly it has often been remarked how similar our friend Lam (as channelled by Aleister Crowley) looks is to the iconic grey alien.
- Time distortion – Often people encountering either will experience some sort of time distortion
- An interest in babies and fertility. In fairy lore we have the concept of a changeling. In UFO lore we have accounts of breeding-programs etc
- Accounts of flying lights. These are one of the most common parts of the phenomena and seem to be universal.
- The experience of going into the hill or going into the saucer.
- Ability to drastically harm – elfshot or strange cancers developing. In medieval fairy-lore branches of magic developed with regards to protecting from these beings and healing some of the damage they can do, which charms and anti-fairy talismans (such as iron) being developed.
If it was just one astronaut we might be forgiven in thinking that there could be other factors involved. However other astronauts and NASA staff have seen UFO's and ET's including Neil Armstrong and Dr Buzz Aldrin. There are in fact many testimonies from astronauts regarding UFOs they have encountered as detailed here. There are also very interesting albeit slightly ambiguous records of the dialogue between Neil Armstrong and Mission Control whilst he was on the moon. The moon itself is very interesting and I shall be returning to the moon in a future post, discussing some of its many mysteries.
Actually I rather think that to categorise them as one or the other would be naive. Throughout history they have shown many forms. However the Pancake incident does seem to reinforce the idea that there is a cultural filter over what we humans are perceiving. Our minds work by symbols and once a symbol is used to associate with a manifesting energy then it seems that the mind likes to keep it that way. In other words if one tends to perceive an energy as a spaceman one probably always will.
For example, I can create an illusion of heat and burning in my mouth by eating "hot" chillies. The capsaicin in the chillies stimulates the same nerves in my mouth that get stimulated when I eat hot (as in heated) food. This shows that senses and experiences can be fooled and stimulated by other means and just as chillies are not really hot (in the heated sense) phenomena may not be really electromagnetic, rather the electromagnetism is stimulating the same parts of the being that gets stimulated by phenomena. We don’t know of course and it would be hasty to assume anything here other than that much more research is needed.
Perichoresis might also be a component towards an explanation for Crop Circles. Andrew Collins excellent book The Circlemakers suggests that orgone is responsible for the circles, and this may well be correct. However orgone may suggest the mechanism by which circles are formed but doesn’t necessary address the issue as to the nature of the information coming through and this I believe is where need to look towards perichoresis. Something elsewhere is impressing these patterns on our reality.
Contact Space Flight
Could this act of wonder have the effect of switching astronauts on, perhaps making them more spiritual and psychic? Is it possible that "reality" is loaded so that the act of a species travelling into space switches them on in a way similar to magic does opening up the larger universe?